Wednesday, February 27, 2008




The picture to the left was when we were transferred to 3w at UMC in pediatrics. I was finally able to stay with my baby. She was dressed for my baby shower that I had in the cafeteria in the hospital (they reserved me a room). A chosen few could come up to the room to see her. The picture to the right we are still in the NICU and the monkey is a beenie baby. The picture below we are also still in the NICU with a tiny bear we named Murphy. He watched over her for me. So many wires, it is amazing what BIG fighters these tiny babies are.

Here is a poem I wrote one night about my daughter. I write them in my journal to get things off my chest at the end of the day. Warning they are not Shakespeare and I am pretty stuck into rhyming but they are from the heart.


THE TINIEST THING I EVER PUT MY WHOLE LIFE INTO

I need to write down just how I feel

A warm night in July it all became real

My precious little girl she just couldn’t wait

At 2 minutes of life they had to intubate

I knew at that moment I had to be strong

Cause the rough road ahead was gonna be long

Two full days had barely gone passed

My poor baby girl her right lung collapsed

So many machines, tubes, and wires held tight

Could my little 1 pound baby be able to fight?

You were so strong and feisty from the minute you came out

I should have known then to never have doubt

My little girl was so fragile and small

It broke mommy's heart to barely touch you at all

2 days shy of your 1 month birthday

My dream had come true I can hold you today

We did what they call Kangaroo care

I did not once, move out of that chair

One day I came in and the HiFi was gone

And much to my pleasure the CPAP was on

You were doing so well the doctors did see

In your very own isolate is where you should be

Nurse Kathy helped me give you your very first bath

Mommy also got news nasal cannula was your new path

You still needed time to eat and to grow

But then the news came we finally could go

The monitors and tubes we had to take home

Was a small price to pay to have you alone

We are finally home where we should be

So mommy can take care of her little sweet pea

Every movement, and step, and tantrums you make

Is something this mommy for granted won’t take

You are still one little strong minded thing

I welcome everything life has to bring

Nothing and no one can take this Happiness I had from the start

Because my Madison Nevaeh has the key to my Heart

My love for you is so strong my dear

My promise to you is I’ll always be here

So to my micro-preemie as perfect as can be

Your one little miracle no one could foresee

One thing I know, I’m sure that is true

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN BECAUSE I HAVE YOU!!!!!

I Love You Madison Nevaeh, Mommy’s gift from Heaven

and

(WHEN I COUNT MY BLESSINGS I COUNT YOU TWICE)





Here is a poem I wrote last night because of a article I recently read. I had alot of frustration about it as did alot of other Preemie parents. I brought it to their attention on the Preemie Community. The journalist was to broad and had no facts to back it up. To sum it up she feels the state should not help to save these tiny babies and that they have nothing to contribute to society. She did refer to a crack mom in the article and the state took custody. It is very unfortunate, however I believe we should fix the problems we have in the country not take an innocent life. She has since responded to many of us in emails. Some were beyond rude she told one mom that she disgusts her, why I dont know I guess cause she chose life for her baby. To others like me she was polite. She tries to explain her logic but only makes it worse, since most of her responses are also posted for all to read. Bottom line money is not an issue nor should it be when it comes to newborns regardless of their weight. She implies that they will have horrible disabilities and this just is not true. Yes it can happen but you have no way of knowing that when they are born. As you can see my daughter is doing very well and they did not expect her to make it. She said they can't contribute to society. Well even the most disabled person can contribute even if it was to just raise awareness about their disability or touch one heart. To me that is a contribution. Every action has a reaction therefore she would have no way of knowing who would or would not be able to contribute. There is alot of good that comes out of bad. Just look at the hard start my daughter had and the horrible stay we had in the NICU. The end result to that bad situation was a healthy happy 19 month old little girl who can do anything she wants to in this world.


Micro-Preemies Are Human Too

Some might say to let you go

How could these people sink that low?

They say the cost is just too high

People like this just make me cry

I think if they just meet you dear

Their human side would shed a tear

This is when they just might see

How precious my baby is to me

My dear you did go through so much

It was worth it all to feel your touch

Yes my dear you were born small

You were just like a tiny doll

They need to watch just what they say

My Micro-Preemie could be president one day!

Love Madison Nevaeh’s Mommy


Love Madison Nevaeh’s Mommy








No comments: