Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Preemie


Preemie

This is a poem a mom wrote for me and my daughter:


Friends across the miles, bring such laughter and smiles
I start my day off bad and I'm feeling kinda sad


Then an email from a friend, makes it better again
She has a little one to and sometimes we just don't know what to do


Our little ones are special, full of energy and joys
But sometimes they get wild and chew and throw their toys


It's nice to have a friend even though we've never met
That understand the ups and downs of raising a preemie, hard it can sometimes get


But all the happiness and all the joy that these little ones do bring
Is worth a few tantrums and worth an occasional screeching scream


So my friend enjoys these years while they are little only once, how do we measure
And one day they will be grown and memories are what we'll treasure


To Madison and Mindy
Love, Bella and Kim

No comments: